5 Tips For Snapping Your Sleep Space Style
1. Interiors photograph best during the day and with the lights turned off, so you're working with natural light.
2. Styling your bedroom for photography involves adding or subtracting from your usual sleeping arrangements. Mix up how you arrange your pillows, and add a throw at the end of the bed to create a layered look which will help add visual interest to your composition.
3. Try experimenting with photographing your bedroom from different angles, detailed shots emphasise texture and create an editorial aesthetic. Focus on the bedside and just a portion of the bed, or why not try getting a shot from overhead? Think about adding in details to create a sense of time and place - cup of tea and toast with a good book on the weekend, or your legs extending into shot with your favourite pyjamas.
4. Composition is key to creating an engaging image. Think about symmetry, odds versus evens and negative space. Try using the rule of thirds to pinpoint areas of interest within the frame of your pictures.
5. Take photos using the camera on your phone (never directly in the Instagram app), and rather than having to snap and share on the spot, have an image bank of photos that you can post when appropriate. This will give you time to edit and check which image will work in the flow of your feed (try editing apps like VSCO and Snapseed).
Love the look? Shop bed linen here.
Cover photo featuring 'Lush' photographic print by Jenna Smith.